Structure of Departments
These are academic-research units that are responsible for the creation, transmission and application of knowledge within a scientific discipline or sub-discipline in the following way:
- For the creation of knowledge, research projects and programs are carried out.
- For transmitting knowledge, the department offers- either by itself or in conjunction with other departments- undergraduate, postgraduate and continual training programs in a scientific discipline or sub-discipline.
- For the application of knowledge, the unit develops programs and projects for technology transfer, outreach, or linkages with the community- preferably geared towards fields of local development and international collaboration.
In addition, each department consists of Departmental Units that are comprised of basic units for the creation, transmission and application of knowledge. They consist of a Departmental Section Manager, and a team of tenured/non-tenured professors, i.e. whose field of teaching and research is a sub-area of knowledge.
BIOLOGICAL & BIOMEDICAL FIELDS:
- Natural Sciences
- Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Management Science
- Geology, Mining and Civil Engineering
- Architecture and Art
- Computer Science and Electronics
SOCIAL SCIENCES & HUMANITIES FIELD:
- Communication Science
- Educational Sciences
- Modern Languages and Literature
- Social Science and Legal Studies